What the Pak! Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I just resigned 10 minutes ago (FINALE)

As the continuation to the Adventures of What The Pak's Resignation in Part 1 and Part 2, this is the finale. Hahah. Yes, you can heave a sigh of relief now.

Okay, so as I was walking... and walking... and walking, I realized that I was starting to walk faster and faster towards the Bosses' rooms. Faster get it done and over with. As the time was nearly 5.30pm on a Friday evening, I knew my bosses were in a hurry to swing their hips in Aloha.



So I have timed the perfect moment to walk into Boss No.1's office and handed him the big envelope. Boss, here's my resignation letter. Boss No.1 seem surprised but invited me to take a seat anyway.

Boss: Why do you want to quit?
WTP: Because I have to (Because I hate to see your face)

(pauses)

Boss: You sure there's no other reason?
WTP: Nope, really. Do I look like I'm kidding??
Boss: You're not happy with the company?
WTP: Oh no... There's NOTHING wrong with the company. (YOU, on the other hand is the pak-ing problem!)

(pauses)

Boss: Then why are you quitting?
WTP: Because I need the time. (I hate staying back every pak-ing night working on rejected projects, what the pak~!)
Boss: You sure there's no other reason?
WTP: (smiles)
Boss: If you want to change your mind, just tell me ok?
WTP: We'll see. (Even if I EVER change my mind, I also won't pak-ing work here anymore lah!)

I'm so glad I chose to tender my resignation now. So so so SOOOOOO happy! Now I can breathe better and sh!t easier!




Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad I never have to work in advertising EVER again.

2 comments:

GilaChess said...

I work as a programmer. Your story reminds me so much of my own resignation last year. Only thing I didn't submit my resignation to the big boss. Just submit to the project manager and HR. Project manager so busy didn't even have time to give him the letter so I just chuck in on his desk. Then gave to HR. Of course PM was so surprised because there will be lots of shit to come after I leave. Also his fault for playing politics with me.



What The Pak said...

Hi andrew, that's the thing about office politics huh. Make people's life difficult. I mean, just do your own work lah. Why play so much politics??