What the Pak! Recent Posts

Saturday, May 17, 2008

I got despised for being unemployed

Some people just don't get it, do they? I am self-employed. If I work, I get paid so well I wished I'd never work for anyone else for the rest of my life anymore. And if I don't work at all, I eat dust.

Basically, I have my own means to earn a living, or in simple terms, you can put it as 'earning power'. But some people are the ultimate hardcore employee fanatics who seem to think they're god because they get paid monthly a certain fixed amount of moolah.



If back-stabbing is your favourite past-time, ratting about how bad others are and how saintly you are to the bosses is innate in you, and if you're a "Yes, boss!" kind of person, then I suppose you can indeed make a very good employee with a steady paycheck.

But if you think you're some kind of god because of that, it still doesn't give you any right to despise someone who merely opted to be self-employed. I like my freedom, I like having to decide how much I wish to earn a month. But somehow these people would see me as some failure who doesn't conform to the norms of the society.

Stop looking so highly upon oneself just because you're in employment. Everyone still has the right to choose their own profession and their own way means of earning a living.

All I did was to choose freedom and self-employment. And how is that bad for you?

2 comments:

Damien said...

I'm self employed and reasonable happy. :)



What The Pak said...

Yeah, damien. That's precisely the point here! Hahah.